Dear Patients and Family members,
Many of you have trusted us to care for you and your loved ones for years. We are asking for your patience as we make our way through this serious public health crisis.
During this challenging time of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, we at HealthFirst are making some temporary changes to keep our patients, staff and community safer. Please read on to learn what to do if you are feeling ill and what to expect when you call or visit us.
Before you come to the health center
The coronavirus spreads very easily. So, PLEASE CALL us before you come in for an appointment or if you have any of these symptoms or risk factors:
- Cough OR a fever of 100.4 or higher
- OR have shortness of breath
Calling ahead will allow us to plan for your arrival and evaluation in a safe and private way. When you call, we will ask you about your symptoms and exposure.
When you come for an appointment
- Please do not bring others with you unless you really need to.
- When asked to wear a mask please do so or this will effect being seen. The mask must be worn during the entire visit.
- When instructed to utilize car side check in please look for the Yellow Signs to park accordingly.
For patients over age 50 who have a chronic illness
- If you are scheduled for a routine wellness check, you may be getting a call from one of our healthcare workers will check in on you and ensure that your medical needs are being met during this time when “social isolation” is recommended. We will talk with you about options for rescheduling your appointment time as well.
- Most appointments with our medical and behavioral health staff are now being conducted by phone or by video, rather than in person. Your provider or health care worker will be in touch to verify any changes.
- Our pediatric team will review each child’s circumstance to determine whether an office visit should occur in person or can be conducted by phone.
Reliable sources of info about COVID-19